Job Posted February 2020
*Please note this role is for experience levels greater than 5 years.
The Consultant experience at The Poirier Group (TPG) is varied, challenging, and exciting! As a growing boutique consulting firm operating through-out North America, TPG creates and executes operational strategies, business transformations and process improvements to a variety of industries and businesses. TPG is a ‘values based’ organization that brings balance to all engagements through human alignment effectively creating dramatic change. We are proud of our track record of 10+ years exceeding client expectations. As such, this role demands a passion for delivering high quality service and client satisfaction. We welcome you to bring your ‘A’ game!
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, are driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, and each other will find this role to be a perfect fit.
Utilizing your talents and experience in client facing roles, you’ll drive continuous improvement and process excellence either as part of a team or when working independently on individual or at times, multiple engagements. Each client engagement will be different, but all must deliver a high degree of impact to organizational strategies and employee engagement/performance.
- Build, manage and maintain client relationships with key stakeholders, management, and staff across all lines of business
- Apply results-based problem solving, mediate conflicts and coach/lead based on a solid understanding of Human Behaviour and Change Management methodologies
- Communicate regular updates and consult with executive and mid-level management on assigned project/program performance objectives
- Assess and develop project plans, manage against scope, timelines, resources and budget allocation to ensure a return on investment is achieved successfully while exceeding client expectations
- Mitigate/minimize risks by assessing, anticipating, planning, escalating, and taking action where necessary
- Identify skill and/or performance gaps, create action plans and make recommendations for improvement
- Complete timely project closure and benefit analysis with project sponsor and process owners
- Work closely with the TPG team to identify further client opportunities and recommendations
- Prepare subsequent proposals to deliver based upon need / client request
Analysis & Research
- Design and/or conduct various analyses (ie. stakeholder, survey,) specific to client needs
- Keep abreast of industry trends within your current profession and industry expertise
- Provide research and support for initiation of RFP’s and other bid opportunities
- Facilitate interviews with various levels of an organization aimed at creating business plans, gap analyses, RACIs, process maps, labour/work analyses and other process improvement techniques
- Facilitate workshops within client engagements as needed
- Monitor, direct and positively encourage the progress and contribution of all participants.
- Professional Development:
- Keep current with professional certifications, continuing to be recognized as an expert in continuous and process improvement as well as a ‘subject matter’ resource in other applicable areas of expertise
- Regularly share information on leading edge solutions, methodologies, tools, trends and innovations with the team
- To qualify for a TN1 Visa, a Canadian or US Passport is mandatory as our work is predominately throughout North America
- University Degree in Engineering or Business
- MBA or equivalent Master’s degree would be an asset
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (or Candidate) or equivalent Professional Certification considered an asset
- 5+ years of relevant work experience preferably in Retail, Procurement, Information Technology systems, Wholesale, Grocery, Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing
- Proven project management/leadership skills with experience leading large continuous improvement initiatives
- Knowledgeable in process improvement techniques (data analysis, process mapping, and object-oriented analysis and modelling techniques, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessment, statistical process control charting, significance testing)
- Familiar with business assessment tools (e.g., feasibility studies, business cases, cost/benefit, benchmarking, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Professional Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint), Microsoft Project. Advanced knowledge / experience in Microsoft Access is a plus
- Ability to recognize and positively influence inter-relationships between functions, departments and lines of business and capable in effectively managing work ‘upward’
- Aptitude for sound decision making/priority management when working under deadline, in stressful, complex and/or multi-tasking and multi-team environments
- Ability to manage a team to meet client deadlines
- Superior ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations, proposals and reports that are accurate, error-free and relevant
- Past experience developing new business and/or RFP proposals is considered beneficial
At TPG we actively support a team environment where team players willingly contribute to a disciplined, yet passionate and fun environment that is engaging, supportive and energizing – allowing you to bring out your best!
In addition, we offer:
- A Competitive Industry Salary and Incentive Bonus plan commensurate with experience
- Competitive health, mental health, dental and vision benefits
- A flexible and casual head office work environment (when appropriate) with access to an on-site gym, sauna, and wellness room
How To Apply:
If interested, we would like to hear from you. Please send your resume in confidence today to:
email@example.com and indicate “Senior Operations Consultant” in the subject line.
TPG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. TPG is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know.