To continue to remain competitive in the highly competitive cold-chain industry, the client needed an outside perspective into improving its operations at one of its main warehouses in Montreal to form a pre-growth strategy. Enter, TPG.
- Completed a full initiation study in, finding 20 unique opportunities within the warehouse (cooler and freezer)
- Analyzed all opportunities found and prioritized them within a benefit to burden matrix to identify the highest bang-for-the-buck opportunities
- Did a full analysis on current forecasted orders and their impact on the warehouse’s ability to handle the expected volume, from both a physical capacity and resource point of view
- Found $650K in real savings opportunities for the warehouse in throughput and labour improvements
- Helped the company identify critical thresholds for the warehouse in order to handle expected volumes and determine when physical expansion would be required