- Bachelor of Science (Industrial Engineering), University of Toronto
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng)
- Professional Logistician (P.Log)
- Arbor Award, University of Toronto
- Top 10 Retail CIOs, University of Toronto
- “Medallion Award” for Exceptional Achievement – Institute of Industrial Engineers (2011)
- “Arbor Award” For Outstanding Contributions – University of Toronto (2010)
- 25 year Mid-Career Achievement Award (2006) – University of Toronto
- Retailer Top 10 CIOs Award (2001) – Retail Tech Magazine
- Outstanding Management Award – Institute of Industrial Engineers (2000
- Chair, Advisory Board, University of Toronto (2016-Present)
- Chair, Executive Committee, Camp 1 (2017 – present)
- Chair, Council on Industrial and Systems Engineers, IISE (2017-Present)
- Member, Board of Electors, UofT
- Camp 1 Warden (1995-present)
As the founder and CEO of TPG, David is a dynamic and visionary leader who brings considerable experience developed from senior executive roles in the retail, general merchandise, food distribution, health and life sciences and manufacturing industry sectors.
The Poirier Group was a natural progression for David, who has become adept at understanding complexity in an ever changing landscape. David claims the secret to his success comes from ensuring balance between improving business processes and building human alignment. His talent for managing multiple client engagements, while overseeing significant transformation projects, ensures that every client will receive his personal attention to ensure that The Poirier Group brand and reputation remains exceptional.
- Strategy Implementation
- Transformative Change Initiatives
- Performance Improvement
- Enterprise Growth Execution
- Executive Team Alignment
- Organizational Effectiveness
David is an avid downhill skier, and a motorcycle enthusiast, with a passion for music, travelling and seeking adventure wherever he goes. Weekends are spent at his country retreat, where he enjoys fine wine and cooking for his family and friends.