In order to remain a competitive company and continually improve operations, there was an opportunity for the company to streamline truck routing between the central DC and supported stores, and the company enlisted TPG’s assistance in order to do so. Additionally, the company recognized another opportunity in re-slotting high-velocity items located general grocery sections of their warehouse while also examining current engineered standards.
- Deployed a 3 month Lean Six Sigma project focused on optimizing delivery windows, in-store shipments and improving other routing constraints
- Pilot tested a grouping of stores for proof of concept with success
- Analyzed product velocity for more than 5,000 products
- Re-slotted the freezer as proof of concept
- Completed an analysis on current engineered standards with implemented changes
TPG’s efforts resulted in $255K benefits from POC and $1.2M DC wide. Additionally, the DC now has significant increases in line of sight, less congestion in the warehouse, and has experienced significant improvements in the accuracy of its standards.