The client is a $1.1 billion dollar retailer based in Calgary, AB, and was in need of a perpetual inventory system to manage product movement. Through the initiation study and RFP creation, it became clear that there were two quick wins available for store ordering and warehouse merchandise transfers in lieu of the larger system upgrades to come.
- Completed process mapping of all store ordering processes and targeted key areas
- Attacked short term, full-scale in-store ordering key areas
- Leveraged internal expertise in writing 2 software programs to automate key in-store ordering processes
- Repaired and modified existing merchandise transfer database, changing 7 key elements of the database to save associates time in-store and at the warehouse
- Utilized the concepts of RAD (rapid application development) for quick turnaround
- Changed all in-store ordering at 25 sites with a custom software application in 2 weeks
- These changes resulted in a 40% reduction for in-store ordering, a 20% reduction in merchandise transfer time, and a 7:1 ROI on engagement for the organization