The client found itself in a spiral of declining retail sales for 5 consecutive years. A 3-year transformation plan was put in place to halt the attrition and ready the business for the entry of Target and other US retailers into the Canadian retail landscape. The client lacked the internal skill set to manage and execute this plan.
- TPG associates were inserted in merchandising, marketing, pricing, BPI, strategy, IT, HR
- Established and deployed transformation office
- Formed BPI team, restructured retail support centre
- Re-engineered support process
- More than 500 associates repositioned, managed, trained, and measured
- Implemented an integrated corporate master calendar
- Supply chain JDA deployment, over 150 repositioned
- IT formed and 5-year strategic roadmap created
TPG’s efforts resulted in $200M+ in total direct benefit, in addition to a 39% reduction in marketing expenditures.