Job Posted September, 2018
The Consultant experience at The Poirier Group (TPG) is varied, challenging, and exciting! As such, this role demands a passion for delivering high quality service and client satisfaction. We welcome you to bring your ‘A’ game!
Individuals with clear communication skills and high energy, who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence and learning, are driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, and other team members will find this role to be a perfect fit.
Utilizing your past 36+ months of work experience in Retail, Supply Chain or Manufacturing environments, you’ll drive continuous improvement and process excellence as part of a team or when working independently on individual or at times, multiple engagements. Each client engagement will be different, but all must deliver a high degree of impact to organizational strategies and employee engagement/ performance.
- Build, manage and maintain client relationships with key stakeholders, management, and staff across all lines of business.
- Communicate regular updates and consult with executive and mid-level management on assigned project/program performance objectives
- Assess and develop project plans, manage against scope, timelines, resources and budget allocation to ensure a return on investment is achieved successfully while exceeding client expectations
- Mitigate/minimize risks by assessing, anticipating, planning, escalating or taking action where necessary
- Identify skill and/or performance gaps, create action plans and make recommendations for improvement.
- Complete timely project closure and benefit analysis with project sponsor and process owners.
- Work closely with the TPG team to identify further client opportunities and recommendations
- Identify opportunities beyond current project scope that will benefit the client in the short term.
Analysis & Research
- Design and/or conduct various analyses (ie. stakeholder, survey) specific to client needs.
- Keep abreast of industry trends within your current profession and industry expertise
- Provide research and support for initiation of RFP’s and other bid opportunities
- Facilitate interviews with various levels of an organization to identify pain points, create gap analyses, RACIs, process maps, labour/work analyses and other process improvement techniques (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, PDCA, TRIZ, etc.).
- Facilitate meetings and workshops with client stakeholders and teams as required
- Monitor, direct and positively encourage the progress and contribution of all participants.
- Keep current with professional certifications, continuing to be recognized as an expert in continuous and process improvement as well as a ‘subject matter’ resource in your areas of expertise
- Identify new skill sets that will support the business and maintain a personal commitment to continuous learning
- Regularly share information on leading edge solutions, methodologies, tools, trends and innovations with the tea
- University Degree in Industrial Engineering or Business and a Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
- 36+ months of relevant work experience in a retail, manufacturing, or supply chain environmentwith mid-large size employer(s)
- Solid experience in process improvement techniques (data analysis, process mapping, and object-oriented analysis and modelling techniques, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessment, statistical process control charting, significance testing).
- Familiar with business assessment tools (e.g., feasibility studies, business cases, cost/benefit, benchmarking, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Professional Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint), Microsoft Project and Access
- Experience on the shop floor with crew load charts, time studies, man power efficiency studies, is an asset.
- Ability to recognize and positively influence inter-relationships between functions, departments and lines of business and capable in effectively managing work ‘upward’
- A professional, positive, energetic, personable, and polished image is a must
- Clear and professional communication skills(sound knowledge and application of the English language)
- Valid Driver’s license, clear criminal record and ability to work throughout North America if required
- A valid Canadian or US passport is essential
At TPG we actively support an environment where team players willingly contribute to a disciplined, yet passionate and fun environment that is engaging, supportive and energizing – allowing you to bring out your best!
In addition, we offer:
- A Competitive Industry Salary and Incentive Bonus plan commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- A business casual head office work environment with access to an on-site gym and sauna
Please send a detailed Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing this job title.
Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application.
TPG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. TPG is committed to providing a reasonable barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know.