Job Posted January 2019
The Poirier Group (TPG), located in the west end of Toronto, offers a dynamic and challenging 4 month work experience in a boutique consulting environment. Our clients span a diverse set of industries that include Retail, Grocery, Business Services, Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
TPG actively participates in the development of intern talent by offering opportunities to deliver on customer experience and exceed expectations, while also learning through regular feedback and mentoring sessions. All of our interns complete their terms having gained essential practical work experience, while having built great and lasting relationships/resources they can draw from and a valuable understanding of what ‘work hard’/’play hard’ truly means.
As an intern, you will support our process improvement projects through methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma. Other projects could include: driving efficiencies in complex Supply Chains; revamping IT strategies; and/or supporting the execution of Strategic Plans for multi-site and/or multi-departmental client projects. Additionally, you can contribute to a growing management consulting business through internal process improvement projects, pipeline and sales development, marketing, and/or any other business skill sets you wish to apply, improve upon, or develop, as required.
- Students in their 3rd year of the Industrial Engineering Degree program
- Fundamental understanding of basic quality methods, statistical problem-solving techniques, such as Six Sigma, and Lean analytical tools
- Minimum 3.5 grade point average is preferred
- A self – driven and motivated work ethic complimented by integrity, accountability, and a desire to contribute significantly in a team environment
- A thirst for knowledge, challenge and willingness to learn from, adapt, and provide exemplary support to an energetic and talented team
- Experience handling multiple tasks and large workloads while meeting deadlines and delivering quality results
- Strong communication (written/oral) / presentation skills
- Evidenced strength in Visio and data analysis through MS Excel and/or MS Access
We offer an exciting opportunity to challenge your abilities and learn through real work/project experience. We also want you to make a meaningful contribution. Our collegial team of multi talented, energetic and fun spirited characters will support you along the way to ensure this work term is one you will never forget!
If interested, we would like to hear from you. Please send your resume and transcript in confidence today to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “IE 2019” in the subject line.
TPG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. TPG is committed to providing a reasonable barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know.