TPG was engaged to assist investors who had taken a stake in the client and had invested in the organization for 4-5 years. The client manufactured DVDs for the entertainment industry. Revenues had been falling and key stakeholders asked TPG to review the business and provide recommendations on how to improve the value of their performance.
- Reviewed the client’s entire business and aimed to provide a recommendation on how to strategically transform their business
- Developed a new business model that catered to corporate clients (i.e. John Deere, Caterpillar)
- New business model helped the client assemble entire DVD package for corporate clients
- Created alignment on new strategy amongst all functional areas and built new accountabilities within the organization
- Brought business revenue up to $25M by deploying a business model, realigning organizational structure, developing risk management process, and establishing performance metrics for the new business offerings