In order to remain competitive and continually lean out the operation, there was an opportunity to streamline truck routing between the central DC and supported stores. Additionally, another opportunity was to re-slot high-velocity items located in the freezer and general grocery sections of the warehouse while also examining current engineered standards.
- Deployed a 3 month Lean Six Sigma project focused on optimizing delivery windows, in-store shipments and improving other routing constraints
- Pilot tested a grouping of stores for proof of concept with success
- Analyzed product velocity for more than 5000 products; re-slotted the freezer as proof of concept
- Completed an analysis on current engineered standards with implemented changes
- $255K benefits from POC, $1.2M DC wide, which has significant increases in line of sight, less congestion in the warehouse, improvements in more accurate standards.