In order to remain competitive and continually lean out the operation, there was opportunity to streamline truck routings between the central DC and supported stores. Additionally, there was opportunity to re-slot high-velocity items located in the freezer and general grocery sections of the warehouse while also examining current engineered standards.
- Deployed a 3 month Lean Six Sigma project focused on optimizing delivery windows, in-store shipments and improving other routing constraints
- Pilot tested a grouping of stores for proof of concept with success
- Analyzed product velocity for more than 5000 products; re-slotted the freezer as proof of concept
- Completed an analysis on current engineered standards with implemented changes
- $255K hard benefits from POC, $1.2M DC wide. Significant increases in line of sight, less congestion in the warehouse, improvements in more accurate standards