The client is a $1.1 billion dollar retailer based in Calgary, AB and was in need of a perpetual inventory system to manage product movement. Through the initiation study and RFP creation, it became clear that there were two quick win’s available to make life easier for store ordering and warehouse merchandise transfers in lieu of the larger system upgrades to come.
- Complete process mapping of all store ordering processes – targeted key areas
- Short term, full-scale attack on in-store ordering key areas; leveraged internal expertise to write 2 software programs to automate key, in-store ordering processes
- Repaired and modified existing merchandise transfer database – changed 7 key elements of the database to save associate’s time in-store and at the warehouse
- Leveraged the concepts of RAD (rapid application development) for fast turnaround
- Changed all in-store ordering at 25 sites with a custom software application in 2 weeks; 40% reduction for in-store ordering, 20% reduction in merchandise transfer time, 7:1 ROI on engagement