The Facilities Maintenance (FM) department of a major Canadian retailer had recognized the need to move from a reactive work order processing team to a proactive bottom-line contributing team. The FM team requested TPG’s help in analyzing the current work effort and practices around servicing and maintaining store uptime to design a future state team.
- Prioritized list of opportunities targeted towards cost-optimal decision making
- Developed and piloted a deep dive analysis framework & tool kit for the FM team to use
- Identified quick wins and advisement of execution for near-term gains
- Recommendation of timing and resource requirements to execute opportunities
- Recommendation of future state processes, framework, and FM team structure
- A deep dive analysis framework & tool kit was developed and validated on a deep dive of the Display Freezer/Cooler Units sub categories yielding $1.36M of potential annual savings.
- 11 additional deep dives have been completed, identifying $6.1M in annual spend reduction opportunities and diverting 8,404 work orders through 15 potential solutions.
- A recommended organization structure to enable and sustain future deep dives with a $9.1M 3 year net present value.