The company was experiencing large volumes of Request for Change (RFC) forms for planned weekly promotions (print & in-store). The RFC’s generated a sizable amount of rework across Merchandising, Marketing and Replenishment leading to Category Teams spending 50-80% of their time to perform promotional activities which only accounted for 15-20% of sales. Marketing Promotion Calendar deadlines not being consistently followed, a company-wide lack of alignment/adherence to the promotional process and the replenishment Promotion rules across all departments were identified as key contributors to this problem.
- Re-engineering of promotion planning and execution process
- Integration of promotional process with implementation of Marketing Management System in Category teams and Marketing
- Integration of promotional process with project implementation of company’s Master Calendar
- Creation of visual metrics and RACI communication
- Over 50% reduction in RFC’s.
- 100% Compliance for Flyer disclaimers.
- 95% of promotional timelines were met.
- Replenishment rules 95% compliant with promotional activities.