The client had arrived at a juncture in its evolution where operations was challenged to handle the daily work load efficiently and get the product to the customers on time and in good condition. TPG was called in to assess the warehouse and provide recommendations on improvements to be had.
- Heavy focus on Warehouse Productivity Improvement – slotting, standards, training, putaways, let-downs, order selection, staging/wrapping and loading.
- TPG utilized a balanced team of BPI (business process improvement) specialists in addition to content specific (produce supply chain seasoned team members) team members to ensure we could bring process and content knowledge and expertise.
- Identified $600,000 direct savings from capturing full benefits of their WMS.
- Additional $600,000 in indirect from other industrial engineering / Lean Sigma solutions.
- The 3-year net present value on the Solution was in excess of $1.4M.