TPG was engaged to assist investors who had taken a stake in the client and had invested in the organization for 4-5 years. The client manufactured DVDs for the entertainment industry. Revenues had been falling and key stakeholders asked TPG to review the business and provide recommendations on how to improve the value of their performance.
- As a result of their already streamlined operations, a cost-reduction strategy was not pursued. TPG took the approach of reviewing the client’s entire business and aimed to provide a recommendation on how to strategically transform their business.
- Developed a new business model that catered to corporate clients (i.e. John Deere, Caterpillar). These corporate clients were required to provide Product Information DVDs for their consumer products.
- The new business model saw the client assembling their entire DVD package for corporate clients
- Created alignment on new strategy amongst all functional areas & built new accountabilities within the organization
- Deployed business model, realigned organizational structure, developed risk management process & established performance metrics for the new business offerings
- TPG returned value to investor by bringing their business revenue back up to $25M.